UIDAI extends the date to update Aadhaar card for free for the citizens till 3 months
The Unique Identification Authority of India has extended the date to update personal information on the Aadhaar card. Users can now renew their confidential details like residential address, phone number and date of birth for free for up to three months. Earlier the last date to update Aadhaar was till 14th of June.
The central government has also provided the required steps that will help the users to update their Aadhaar card without spending any penny. The statutory body has also informed the masses to renew their profile as it will continue to have accuracy in their demographic information. People will also be required to submit their identity proof and address proof as a statement of authenticity.
UIDAI has also mentioned that the update is vital due to certain events like marriage wherein a few details are changed or it can also happen due to migration leading to people changing their locations. By renewing your card, it can be useful to have verified and accurate information with the government.
Steps to upload Address proof for free
- Visit your Aadhaar website, myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in and log in with your respective details.
- Select gender/name/date of birth/address
- Click on the criteria ‘Update Aadhaar Online.’
- From the list of demographic options select ‘address’ and click on ‘proceed to update aadhaar.’
- Upload the latest documents adhering to your address and other needed data.
- Proceed to payment (which is not applicable till the 14th of September).
- A URN number will be sent to your contact number for checking the status.
Once you have sent the request to change your residential address, you can check the status for the same with the help of URN (change request number) at the website https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/checkSSUPStatus.