Rodale Institute to Host Immersive Conference Addressing How to Launch a Farm-to-Institution Program
Rodale Institute, a global agricultural research and education nonprofit, will hold an instructional conference for leaders who want to develop and scale a farm-to-institution program.
KUTZTOWN, Pa., June 12, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Rodale Institute’s 2023 Farm-to-Healthcare Immersion conference will provide step-by-step guidance on how leaders can create a successful farm-to-institution program. The two-day, in-person event is tailored to healthcare and hospital administrators, food service providers, and administrators of long-term care and assisted living facilities, among other leaders.
The Immersion will be hosted from November 16-17, 2023, at the St. Luke’s University Health Network’s Anderson Hospital Campus in Easton, Pennsylvania, home to the St. Luke’s – Rodale Institute Organic Farm. Attendees will learn about the benefits of farm-to-institution models from a successful case study at St. Luke’s Anderson, how to navigate start-up challenges and organizational buy-in, and how to create health from the soil up.
Administrators leading transformative change in healthcare will have the opportunity to engage with Rodale Institute’s Consulting team as well as a network of innovators working to bring nutrient-dense, organic food into their operations. Attendees will learn from the foremost experts in creating impactful farm-to-institution models.
Registration for the event will include a personalized tour of all aspects of the St. Luke’s Farm-to-Hospital Model as well as a high-value start-up kit designed by Rodale Institute’s Consulting division. These assets will inform leaders about how to integrate nutrient-dense, farm-fresh produce into their institutions.
A range of topics will be covered during the event, including:
- The St. Luke’s – Rodale Institute Farm-to-Hospital Model
- Institutional Buy-In: Engaging Multiple Stakeholders
- Growing a Farm: Challenges & Solutions for Effective Implementation
- Financing Farm-to-Healthcare
- Food Service Providers: From Farm to Plate
- Farm-to-Healthcare Models: From Retirement Communities to Urban Rooftop Farms
- Integration of Organic Agriculture into Long-term Care & Retirement Facilities
- Farm-to-Healthcare in Urban Environments
- Regenerative Healthcare: A Food as Medicine Approach to Patient Care & Healthcare Systems
- Soil Health & Human Health: A Critical Intersection
- Farmer Roundtable: How to Build & Sustain Relationships
- Produce Prescription Programs:
- Leveraging Medicaid for Optimal Patient Health
- Integration of Food as Medicine & Medically Tailored Meals
- Community-Driven Farm-to-Healthcare Models: Finding Your Champions
Capacity at the conference is limited. To access enrollment details, please email [email protected].
ABOUT RODALE INSTITUTE: Rodale Institute is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to growing the regenerative organic agriculture movement through rigorous research, farmer training, and education. The Institute’s groundbreaking science and direct farmer support programs serve as a catalyst for change in farming and food production worldwide. Over its 75-year history, Rodale Institute has proven that organic farming is not only viable but essential to humanity’s survival.
CONTACT: The Press Office at Rodale Institute Rodale Institute 610-683-1446 [email protected]
Disclaimer: The above press release comes to you under an arrangement with GlobeNewswire. AfternoonHeadlines.com takes no editorial responsibility for the same.