Pleural Disease Market to Reach $6.09 billion by 2030: Coherent Market Insights (CMI)
Pleural disease encompasses various conditions affecting the pleura, the thin membrane surrounding the lungs. Pleurisy involves inflammation of the pleura, leading to sharp pain during breathing. Pleural effusion refers to an accumulation of excess fluid within the pleural space.
Burlingame, Aug. 21, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The global Pleural Diseases market size was valued at US$ 3.84 billion in 2023 and is expected to reach US$ 6.09 billion by 2030, grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.8% from 2023 to 2030, according to a new study conducted by Coherent Market Insights, Inc. Pleural diseases is a medical condition that affect the pleura, a double-layered membrane surrounding the lungs. These conditions can range from benign to malignant and can have a significant impact on respiratory function and overall health. Hence, growing prevalence of pleural diseases is expected to drive growth of the pleural diseases Market growth. The condition is on rise due to factors such as lifestyle changes, aging populations, and increasing exposure to environmental pollutants.
Pleural Disease Market Key Developments:
• In March 2023, Boston Scientific introduced new pleural adhesion device, the Boston Scientific Pleural Adhesion System. The system is designed to create adhesions between the lung and the chest wall, which can help to prevent the reaccumulation of pleural fluid.
• In February 2023, Interpace Diagnostics introduced new pleural biopsy device, the Interpace Diagnostics Pleural Biopsy System. The system is designed to provide a minimally invasive way to obtain pleural tissue for diagnosis, and it is intended for use in patients with pleural effusions.
Key Market Takeaways:
- Global pleural disease market is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 6.8% during the forecast period, owing to increasing prevalence of disease coupled with the advancements in diagnostic technologies to improve the treatment process
- On the basis of Disease Type, Pleural Effusion segment is expected to hold a dominant position. This encompass an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the pleural space, which can result from various causes, such as congestive heart failure, infections, malignancies, and more.
- On the basis of Diagnostic Tools, imaging techniques segment is expected to hold a dominant position, owing to the fact that it is the initial technique to detect pleural effusion, or other structural abnormalities.
- On the basis of Treatment Modalitie, medications segment is expected to hold a dominant position owing to the high use of antibiotics to relieve the symptoms of pleural disease.
- On the basis of End-User, hospitals and clinics segment is expected to hold a dominant position, owing to the increasing number of hospitals and clinics coupled with the growing number of pateints visiting hospitals for pleural disease.
- On the basis of region, North America is expected to hold a dominant position over the forecast period, due to the presence of well-developed healthcare infrastructure and a high level of awareness about pleural diseases in the region.
Read full market research report, “Pleural Diseases Market, By Disease Type (Pleurisy, Pleural Effusion, Pneumothorax, Mesothelioma, Others), By Diagnostic Tools (Imaging Techniques, Molecular Diagnostics, Thoracoscopy and Pleuroscopy), and By Geography, Size, Share, Outlook, and Opportunity Analysis, 2023-2030“, published by Coherent Market Insights.
Pleural disease Market Key Trends and Analysis:
Increasing healthcare expenditure is expected to be a major trend observed in the market. According to the U.S. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, the U.S. health care spending grew 2.7 percent in 2021, reaching $4.3 trillion or $12,914 per person. As a share of the nation’s Gross Domestic Product, health spending accounted for 18.3 percent. Moreover, growing adoption of molecular diagnostic techniques is another trend observed in the pleural diseases market.
Pleural Diseases Market Report Coverage
|Market size value in 2022||US$ 3.84 billion|
|Forecast Period:||2023 to 2030|
|Growth rate||CAGR of 6.8% from 2023 to 2030|
|Base year for estimation||2022|
|Historical data||2018 – 2021|
|Forecast period||2023 – 2030|
Pleural Disease Market Drivers:
Key players in the market are introducing advanced diagnostic tool for early diagnosis of the disease and improve treatment outcome. Manufactures are introducing technology such as high-resolution imaging, minimally invasive procedures like pleuroscopy and thoracoscopy for early and accurate diagnosis of the disease. Such advancement in the technology is expected to drive market growth
Pleural Disease Market Opportunities:
Key players in the market are investing heavily for conducting research and development in order to develop innovative treatment approach. Moreover, growing populairty of telemedicine and remote monitoring solutions in respiratory disease is expected to provide additional market growth opportunities. These technologies allows remote consultations, monitoring of patients, and home-based care, enhancing access to healthcare services for patients with pleural diseases.
- Global Pleural Diseases Market, By Disease Types:
- Pleural Effusion
- Global Pleural Diseases Market, By Diagnostic Tools:
- Imaging Techniques
- Molecular Diagnostics
- Thoracoscopy and Pleuroscopy
- Global Pleural Diseases Market, By Treatment Modalities:
- Thoracentesis and Pleurodesis
- Minimally Invasive Interventions
- Surgical Interventions
- Global Pleural Diseases Market, By End User:
- Hospitals and Clinics
- Diagnostic Centers
- Research and Academic Institutions
- Global Pleural Diseases Market, By Region:
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- North America
- Company Profile:
- Johnson & Johnson
- Novartis International AG
- Roche Holding AG
- Bristol Myers Squibb
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Pfizer Inc.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH
- AbbVie Inc.
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
- Bayer AG
- Celgene Corporation
Related Market Intelligence Reports:
Physician Office Diagnostic Market, By Product Type (Point-of-Care Testing (POCT) Devices, Clinical Chemistry Analyzers, Immunoassay Systems, Molecular Diagnostics, Urinalysis Systems), By End-User (Physician Offices and Clinics, Urgent Care Centers, Ambulatory Care Centers), By Application (Infectious Diseases, Cardiovascular Disorders, Metabolic Disorders, Cancer Diagnosis, Pregnancy and Fertility Testing), and By Geography (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa)- Size, Share, Outlook, and Opportunity Analysis, 2023 – 2030
Genetic Testing Market, By Type (Carrier Testing, Diagnostic Testing, New-born Screening, Predictive and Presymptomatic Testing, Prenatal Testing, and Other Types), By Disease (Alzheimer’s Disease, Cancer, Cystic Fibrosis, Sickle Cell Anemia, Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, Thalassemia, Huntington’s Disease, Rare Diseases, and Other Diseases), and By Technology (Cytogenetic Testing, Biochemical Testing, and Molecular Testing), and By Geography (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa)- Size, Share, Outlook, and Opportunity Analysis, 2023 – 2030
In Vitro Diagnostics Market, by Product Type (Instruments and Reagents & Kits), by Technology (Immunoassay, Clinical Chemistry, Molecular Diagnostics, Microbiology, Hematology, Coagulation & Hemostasis, Urinalysis, and Others), by Application (Infectious Diseases, Diabetes, Oncology, Cardiology, Nephrology, Autoimmune Disorders, and Others), by End User (Hospital, Pathology Laboratories, Point-of-Care Diagnostics, Research Institutes, and Others), and by Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa)- Size, Share, Outlook, and Opportunity Analysis, 2022 – 2030
Browse through Coherent Market Insights Clinical Diagnostic Research Reports.
Coherent Market Insights is a global market intelligence and consulting organization focused on assisting our plethora of clients achieve transformational growth by helping them make critical business decisions. We are headquartered in India, having sales office at global financial capital in the U.S. and sales consultants in United Kingdom and Japan. Our client base includes players from across various business verticals in over 57 countries worldwide. We create value for clients through our highly reliable and accurate reports. We are also committed in playing a leading role in offering insights in various sectors post-COVID-19 and continue to deliver measurable, sustainable results for our clients.
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
CONTACT: Mr. Shah Senior Client Partner – Business Development Coherent Market Insights Phone: US: +1-206-701-6702 UK: +44-020-8133-4027 Japan: +81-050-5539-1737 India: +91-848-285-0837 Email: [email protected] Website: https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com
Disclaimer: The above press release comes to you under an arrangement with GlobeNewswire. AfternoonHeadlines.com takes no editorial responsibility for the same.