New Zealand Freight and Logistics Market Revenues to Reach USD 20.1 billion by 2028 – Market Size, Share, Forecasts, & Trends Analysis Report by Mordor Intelligence
Hyderabad, July 04, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — According to a new market research report titled “New Zealand Freight and Logistics Market Report (2023-2028),” the market is estimated at USD 17.16 billion in 2023. It is expected to register a CAGR of 3.21% during the forecast period.
About 70% of the total domestic freight movement in New Zealand happens through its roads. Rail also plays an important role in freight transport despite being a smaller player. However, after the COVID-19 pandemic, inconsistent shipping schedules and congestion at major ports in New Zealand are affecting the supply chain, calling for better freight and logistics services.
|Market Size (2023)||USD 17.16 billion|
|Market Size (2028)||USD 20.1 billion|
|Forecast Units||Value (USD billion)|
|Report Scope||Market Dynamics, Revenue Forecast and Segmentation, Competitive Landscape and Recent Developments, Market Growth, Future Opportunities, and Trends|
|Key Market Drivers||Growing support for local businesses.|
|Government subsidies and capacity maintenance.|
Who are the Top Companies in the New Zealand Freight and Logistics Market?
The New Zealand freight and logistics market is fragmented, with a large number of international and domestic players. Several of them are competing in the road freight segment of the market.
The most notable players in the New Zealand freight and logistics market, with a significant market share in 2023, are listed below.
- International Companies
- Deutsche Post DHL Group
- Yusen Logistics Co. Ltd
- Hellmann Worldwide Logistics Limited
- CEVA Logistics
- Agility Logistics Pvt. Ltd
- Linfox Pty Ltd
- Kuehne + Nagel International AG
- FedEx Corporation
- DB Schenker
- 10 DSV
- Local Companies
- Mainfreight Limited
- Cardinal Logistics
- Carrolls Cartage Limited
- First Global Logistics
- TIL Logistics Group Limited
- Toll Group
- K&S Corporation Limited
- Online Distribution Ltd
- Freightways Ltd
- New Zealand Post Ltd
- Other Companies
- Bollore Logistics
- Nexus Logistics
- Goddards Cartage
- March Logistics (NZ) Ltd
- Mondiale Freight Services Ltd
- Owens Transport Ltd
- Fliway Group Ltd
- Scales Logistics
- Crown Worldwide
- BPW Transport Efficiency NZ Ltd
- Champion Freight
- Central Transport Limited
- Charter Transport
- Rohlig New Zealand Limited
- Malcolm Total Logistics
- Burnard International Limited
- Bulk Lines Limited
Other Reports That Might Be of Your Interest:
- North America Contract Logistics Market Report – The North American contract logistics market size is estimated at USD 155.71 billion in 2023. It is expected to reach USD 170.63 billion by 2028, registering a CAGR of 1.85% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- Asia-Pacific Freight and Logistics Market Report – The Asia-Pacific freight and logistics market is projected to register a CAGR of 5.24% over the next five years.
Key Highlights from the New Zealand Freight and Logistics Market Report:
Increasing Cross-border Trade
- The main export commodity groups from New Zealand include milk powder, butter, and cheese. The export of these commodities from New Zealand to other countries is increasing Y-o-Y significantly.
- China and the United Kingdom have played a significant role in the growth in exports witnessed by New Zealand in recent years, helping the country’s freight and logistics industry to get back on track after the COVID-19 pandemic.
Growing E-commerce Sector
- The e-commerce business in New Zealand has been experiencing rapid growth since 2021, witnessing a significant increase in spending compared to the years before that. This trend is expected to continue in the coming years.
- This trend in e-commerce is increasing the demand for more logistics infrastructure and freight management centers in the country.
What are the Latest Developments in the New Zealand Freight and Logistics Market?
- In August 2022, Lineage Logistics completed the acquisition of Grupo Fuentes and Cold Storage Nelson (CNS) in New Zealand to expand its presence in Europe.
- In June 2022, DHL Supply Chain New Zealand established three new mobility hubs in Whangarei, Tauranga, and Hastings. These hubs improved last-mile delivery in rural areas outside of Auckland.
Mordor Intelligence has Segmented the New Zealand Freight and Logistics Market Based on Function and End User.
- By Function (Market Size and Forecast based on Value (USD billion), 2018-2028)
- Freight Transport
- Shipping and Inland Water
- Freight Forwarding
- Value-added Services and Other Functions
- Freight Transport
- By End User (Market Size and Forecast based on Value (USD billion), 2018-2028)
- Manufacturing and Automotive
- Oil and Gas, Mining, and Quarrying
- Agriculture, Fishing, and Forestry
- Distributive Trade (Wholesale and Retail Segments (FMCG Included))
- Other End Users (Telecommunication, Pharmaceuticals, and F&B)
In a nutshell, the Mordor Intelligence market research report is a must-read for start-ups, industry players, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who are looking to understand this industry. Get a glance at the New Zealand Freight and Logistics Market Report (2023-2028).
Mordor Intelligence constantly tracks industry trends. Some relevant market reports from the analysts that might be of interest to you:
- South Korea Third-Party Logistics (3PL) Market Report – The South Korean 3PL market size is expected to grow from USD 27.49 billion in 2023 to USD 33.53 billion by 2028, at a CAGR of 4.05% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- Germany Cold Chain Logistics Market Report – The German cold chain logistics market size is expected to grow from USD 15.59 billion in 2023 to USD 23.45 billion by 2028, at a CAGR of 8.50% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- Australia Cold Chain Logistics Market Report – The Australian cold chain logistics market size is expected to grow from USD 5.02 billion in 2023 to USD 6.03 billion by 2028, at a CAGR of 3.73% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
About Mordor Intelligence:
Mordor Intelligence is a market intelligence and advisory firm. At Mordor Intelligence, we believe in predicting butterfly effects that have the potential to change or significantly impact market dynamics.
Our market research reports are comprehensive and provide exclusive data, facts and figures, trends, and the competitive landscape of the industry.
- New Zealand Freight and Logistics Market – Mordor Intelligence
CONTACT: Company Name: Mordor Intelligence Email: [email protected] Phone: +1 617-765-2493 Location: Hyderabad, Telangana Country: India
Disclaimer: The above press release comes to you under an arrangement with GlobeNewswire. AfternoonHeadlines.com takes no editorial responsibility for the same.