Global Embolic Protection Devices Market Size to Reach USD 1,242.9 Million in 2032 | Emergen Research
Rising prevalence of cardiovascular disorders and neurovascular diseases is a major factor driving embolic protection devices market revenue growth
Vancouver, Sept. 07, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The global embolic protection devices market size was USD 558.0 Million in 2022 and is expected to register a revenue CAGR of 8.3% during the forecast period. Rising prevalence of cardiovascular disorders and neurovascular diseases, technological advancements in embolic protection devices, and increasing product launches by key market players in diagnostic field are some of the major factors driving the market revenue growth. In addition, rising demand for minimally invasive surgeries and rising government initiations and research and development activities for pre-diagnostics are contributing to revenue growth of the embolic protection devices market.
Rising prevalence of cardiovascular diseases among populations across the globe is driving revenue growth of the market. According to World Health Organization (WHO), Cardiovascular Diseases (CVDs) are most common cause of death globally, claiming the lives of an estimated 17.9 million people each year. CVDs are a collection of heart and blood vessel disorders that include coronary heart disease, cerebrovascular disease, rheumatic heart disease, and others. Heart attacks and strokes account for more than four out of every five CVD deaths, and one-third of these deaths occur in adults under the age of 70. Thus, these devices help to reduce number of difficulties caused by blockages in small blood arteries produced by material released into the bloodstream.
Furthermore, increasing product launches by key market players in diagnostic field is contributing to the market revenue growth. For instance, on 29 July 2020, Keystone Heart, LTD., a medical device inventor on a mission to reinvent the standard of structural heart care, announced the completion of the first worldwide commercial trial utilizing the TriGUARD 3TM Cerebral Embolic Protection (CEP) Device. Pieter Stella, MD, Assistant Professor in the Medical Department of Cardiology at UMC Utrecht in the Netherlands, successfully performed Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation (TAVI) using the TriGUARD 3TM device, which is designed to reduce the risk of cerebral damage during transcatheter heart procedures.
Request Free Sample Copy (To Understand the Complete Structure of this Report [Summary + TOC]) @ https://www.emergenresearch.com/request-sample/1985
However, product recalls by different leading companies and federal government agencies are restraining the market revenue growth. For instance, on 1 October 2022, Cardiovascular Systems, Inc. recalled the WIRION embolic protection device due to filter breakage complaints during retrieval. Cardiovascular Systems Inc. received nine reports of device malfunctions, but no reports of mortality as a result of this device issue. The filter assembly can become difficult to disengage under certain conditions, such as when the filter basket is extremely full. Withdrawal in this condition can cause the WIRION system filter component to tear or separate, resulting in a cascade of undesirable events such as embolization.
Scope of Research
|Market size in 2022||USD 558.0 Million|
|Revenue forecast to 2032||USD 1,242.9 Million|
|Base year for estimation||2022|
|Quantitative units||Revenue in USD Million and CAGR in % from 2023 to 2032|
|Report coverage||Revenue forecast, company ranking, competitive landscape, growth factors, and trends|
|Segments covered||Product, Material, application, end-use and region|
|Regional scope||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa|
|Country scope||U.S., Canada, Mexico, Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Benelux, Rest of Europe, China, India, Japan, South Korea, Rest of APAC, Brazil, Rest of LATAM, Saudi Arabia, UAE, South Africa, Turkey, Rest of MEA|
|Key companies profiled||Medtronic, Boston Scientific Corporation, Abbott, Allium Ltd, Contego Medical, Inc., Edwards Lifesciences Corporation., Innovative Cardiovascular Solutions, LLC., NIPRO, Hologic, Inc., Cardinal Health.|
|Customization scope||10 hours of free customization and expert consultation|
Emergen Research is Offering Limited Time Discount (Grab a Copy at Discounted Price Now) @ https://www.emergenresearch.com/request-discount/1985
Major Companies and Competitive Landscape
The global embolic protection devices market is fairly fragmented with many large and medium-sized players accounting for the majority of market revenue. Major players are deploying various strategies, entering into mergers & acquisitions, strategic agreements & contracts, developing, testing, and introducing more effective solutions. Some major players included in the global embolic protection devices (EPDs) market report are:
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Allium Ltd
- Contego Medical, Inc.
- Edwards Lifesciences Corporation.
- Innovative Cardiovascular Solutions, LLC.
- Hologic, Inc.
- Cardinal Health.
- On 6 October 2021, The Neuroguard IEP three-in-one Carotid Stent and Post-Dilation Balloon System with Integrated Embolic Protection (Neuroguard IEP System) received CE Mark clearance from Contego Medical Inc., a cardiovascular device developer. The Neuroguard IEP System is a patented system that includes a revolutionary next-generation nitinol stent, a pre-positioned post-dilation balloon, and an integrated microembolic filter with 40 m pores.
- On 29 June 2021, The FDA cleared Front Line Medical Technologies, Inc.’s Control of Bleeding, Resuscitation, Arterial Occlusion System (Cobra-OS). The Cobra-OS is a 4-F device used for Resuscitative Endothelial Balloon Aorta Occlusion (REBOA). The business has been approved by Health Canada.
Direct Order Can Be Placed Through This Link [Exclusive Copy] @ https://www.emergenresearch.com/select-license/1985
Some Key Highlights From the Report
- The hospitals segment accounted for largest revenue share owing to a high prevalence of highly qualified healthcare professionals, staffs as well as the high percentage of diagnostics tests performed in hospitals and clinics is driving revenue growth of this segment.
- The occlusion devices segment registered for a significantly fast revenue growth rate in 2022. Advances in occlusion device materials and designs have accelerated the shift from open-heart procedures with considerable complexity and morbidity, or lifetime medication with a significant risk of bleeds, to minimally invasive deployment. Over the last few decades, a wide range of occlusion devices have been developed, with biodegradable and 3D-printed occlusion devices emerging as next-generation alternates to conventional Nitinol-based occlusion equipment due to biodegradability, modification, and improved biologic compatibility.
- The embolic protection devices market in North America accounted for largest revenue share in 2022 due to rising prevalence of neurovascular diseases and cardiovascular diseases. Cerebrovascular disease is a group of disorders that affect the blood arteries and blood flow in the brain. A stroke is the most prevalent symptom of cerebrovascular disease, but other symptoms include stenosis vascular dementia, and subarachnoid hemorrhage. Stroke was the sixth biggest cause of mortality in the United States in 2020, accounting for 36.4 deaths per 100,000 individuals.
- On 7 September 2022, Abbott announced the European launch of its Amplatzer Talisman Patent Foramen Ovale (PFO) occlusion solution. Occlusion with the Talisman PFO is a catheter-based, minimally invasive treatment. It closes the gap, reducing the possibility of another stroke.
Browse Full Report Description + Research Methodology + Table of Content + Infographics@ https://www.emergenresearch.com/industry-report/embolic-protection-devices-market
Emergen Research has segmented the global embolic protection devices market on the basis of product, material, application, end-use, and region:
- Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2019-2032)
- Distal Filter Devices
- Occlusion Devices
- Proximal Occlusion Filters Devices
- Material Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2019-2032)
- Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2019-2032)
- Cardio-vascular diseases
- Neurovascular diseases
- Peripheral vascular diseases
- Coronary artery disease
- End-Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2019-2032)
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Specialty Centers
- Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2019-2032)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of MEA
- North America
Curated Reports You Shouldn’t Miss: Dive In Now!
Newborn Screening Market Size, Share, Trends, By Technology (Tandem Mass Spectrometry, Pulse Oximetry, Enzyme Based Assay, DNA Assay, Electrophoresis), By Product (Instruments, Reagents, Assay Kits), By Application, Forecasts to 2027
RFID in Healthcare Market By Product (Tags, Systems & Software) and By Application (Asset Tracking, Patient Tracking, Pharmaceutical Tracking, Blood Tracking, Others), Forecasts to 2027
Next Generation Sequencing Market, By Product Type (Instruments, Reagents and Consumables, and Service), By Sequencing Type (Whole Genome and Others), By Application, By End-Use, and By Region Forecast to 2030
Regenerative Medicine Market, By Type (Gene Therapy and Cell Therapy), By Application (Oncology and Musculoskeletal Disorder), By End-User (Hospitals and Clinics, Specialty Centers, Government & Academic Research Institutes), and By Region Forecast to 2030
Patient Engagement Solutions Market Size, Share, Trends, By Component (Software & Hardware, Service), By Functionality, By Delivery Mode, By Application, By End-Use, By Therapeutic Area, and By Region Forecast to 2030
Molecular Diagnostics Point of Care Market By Test Location (PoC, OTC), By Technology (PCR-based, Hybridization-based, Others), By Application (Oncology, Hematology, Others) and By End-Use (Decentralized Labs, Hospitals, Others), Forecasts to 2027
NGS Sample Preparation Market By Workflow (NGS Library Preparation Kits, Semi-automated Library Preparation, Others), By Application (Oncology, Clinical Investigation, Others), and By End-User (Academic, Clinical, Others), Forecasts to 2027
Nucleic Acid Isolation and Purification Market, By Product (Kits and Reagents, Instruments), Isolation & purification type (DNA, RNA), By Application, By Method, By End User, and By Region Forecast to 2030
About Emergen Research
Emergen Research is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target, and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries, and help clients make smarter business decisions. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across multiple industries, including Healthcare, Touch Points, Chemicals, Types, and Energy.
Corporate Sales Specialist
Emergen Research | Web: https://www.emergenresearch.com/
Direct Line: +1 (604) 757-9756
E-mail: [email protected]
Explore Our Japanese Version: Embolic Protection Devices Market
Explore Our Blogs and Insights Section: https://www.emergenresearch.com/insights
Read our Press Release @ https://www.emergenresearch.com/press-release/global-embolic-protection-devices-market
Disclaimer: The above press release comes to you under an arrangement with GlobeNewswire. AfternoonHeadlines.com takes no editorial responsibility for the same.