Flash News: OKX to Support Optimism Mainnet Upgrade for Faster, Cheaper Transactions
SINGAPORE, Jan. 11, 2024 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — OKX, a leading Web3 technology company, has issued updates for January 11, 2024.
OKX today announced support of the Optimism network’s mainnet upgrade, which will bring faster and cheaper transactions for users.
- The Optimism network upgrade and hard fork improves network speed and lower gas fees.
- Deposits and withdrawals of OP tokens and tokens belonging to its network will be suspended at 3:00 pm UTC on January 11, 2024 to ensure a smooth transition.
- OKX will resume deposits and withdrawals for impacted tokens on the OP network once the upgraded OP network is stable.
- The trading of OP tokens and tokens belonging to the OP networks won’t be affected during this network upgrade. Please be aware of the risks associated with the spot, margin, and derivatives trading of these tokens, and make sure you increase your margin to lower your risk.
- Users don’t need to do anything if you hold any OP tokens and tokens belonging to the OP network in your account. OKX will handle all technical requirements involved.
OKX is committed to supporting network upgrades that improve the Optimism ecosystem for our users. This mainnet upgrade will bring faster transactions and lower fees, allowing for a better trading and DeFi experience.
For more details on the network upgrade, please visit: https://docs.optimism.io/builders/node-operators/network-upgrades/overview#activations
For further information, please contact:
A leading global technology company driving the future of Web3, OKX provides a comprehensive suite of products to meet the needs of beginners and experts alike, including:
- OKX Wallet: The world’s most powerful, secure and versatile crypto wallet which gives users access to over 80 blockchains while allowing them to take custody of their own funds. The wallet includes MPC technology which allows users to easily recover access to their wallet independently, removing the need for traditional, ‘written down’ seed phrases. In addition, OKX Wallet’s account abstraction-powered Smart Account enables users to pay for transactions on multiple blockchains using USDC or USDT, and interact with multiple contracts via a single transaction.
- DEX: A multi-chain, cross-chain decentralized exchange aggregator of 300+ other DEXs and approximately 15 bridges, with 200,000+ coins and more than 20 blockchains supported.
- NFT Marketplace: A multi-chain, zero-fee NFT marketplace that gives users access to NFT listings across seven top-tier marketplaces including OpenSea, MagicEden, LooksRare and Blur.
- Web3 DeFi: A powerful DeFi platform that supports earning and staking on about 70 protocols across more than 10 chains.
OKX partners with a number of the world’s top brands and athletes, including English Premier League champions Manchester City F.C., McLaren Formula 1, The Tribeca Festival, Olympian Scotty James, and F1 driver Daniel Ricciardo.
As a leader building innovative technology products, OKX believes in challenging the status quo. The company recently launched a global brand campaign entitled, The System Needs a Rewrite, which advocates for a new paradigm led by Web3 self-managed technology.
To learn more about OKX, download our app or visit: okx.com
Disclaimer: The above press release comes to you under an arrangement with GlobeNewswire. AfternoonHeadlines.com takes no editorial responsibility for the same.