Calcium Carbonate Market Volumes to Reach 159,514.69 kilotons by 2028 – Market Size, Share, Forecasts, & Trends Analysis Report by Mordor Intelligence
Hyderabad, July 17, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — According to a new market research report titled “Calcium Carbonate Market Report (2023-2028),” the market is estimated at 185,640.50 kilotons in 2023. It is expected to register a CAGR of 3.08% during the forecast period.
The outbreak of COVID-19 led to the entire shutdown of various industries in the automotive, construction, and other manufacturing segments. Yet, the calcium carbonate market is currently estimated to have accomplished pre-pandemic levels. Major factors boosting the calcium carbonate market are growing construction activities in the Asia-Pacific region, along with the replacement of kaolin with calcium carbonate in the paper industry.
|Market Size (2023)||159,514.69 kilotons|
|Market Size (2028)||185,640.50 kilotons|
|Forecast Units||Volume (kilotons)|
|Fastest Growing Market||Asia-Pacific|
|Report Scope||Market Dynamics, Revenue Forecast and Segmentation, Competitive Landscape and Recent Developments, Market Growth, Future Opportunities, and Trends|
|Key Market Drivers||Growing construction activities in the Asia-Pacific region.|
|Replacement of kaolin with calcium carbonate in the paper industry.|
Who are the Top Companies in the Calcium Carbonate Market?
The calcium carbonate market is consolidated in nature.
The noteworthy players holding the calcium carbonate market are:
- Chemical & Mineral Industries Pvt. Ltd
- FUJIAN SANMU NANO CALCIUM CARBONATE CO. LTD
- GLC Minerals
- Gulshan Polyols Ltd
- Huber Engineered Materials
- Maruo Calcium Co. Ltd
- Minerals Technologies Inc.
- Mississippi Lime Company
- Newpark Resources Inc.
- OKUTAMA KOGYO CO. LTD
- Omya AG
- Provale Holding SA
- SCHAEFER KALK GmbH & Co. KG.
- Shiraishi Kogyo Kaisha Ltd
Other Reports That Might Be of Your Interest:
- Sodium Thiosulphate Market Report – The global sodium thiosulphate market size is estimated at USD 108.32 million in 2023 and is expected to reach USD 141.91 million by 2028 at a CAGR of 5.55% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- Anhydrous Aluminum Chloride Market Report – The anhydrous aluminum chloride market size is expected to grow from 1,400.74 kilotons in 2023 to 1,857.76 kilotons by 2028 at a CAGR of 5.81% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
Key Highlights from the Calcium Carbonate Market Report:
Paper Sector to Dominate the Market
- Calcium carbonate is one of the essential ingredients considered for applications in the paper industry, as it is employed as fillers and for coating purposes. The working qualities of CaCO3, like opacity, brightness, and smoothness, make it an ideal component for the manufacturing of writing, printing, and packaging-grade paper.
- It is a mineral filler, which substantially reduces the production cost of paper. As the minerals are easier to be dried than fibers, it also reduces the cost of basic materials. Calcium carbonate is also used in paper coating, as it brings out the brightness and smoothness on the surface of printing paper.
APAC anticipated to Dominate the Market
- The Asia-Pacific region is estimated to lead the market for calcium carbonate due to the increasing construction activities in the region. The demand is also expected to be driven by expanding economic activities and new investment opportunities in emerging economies.
- China is the leading pulp and paper-producing country in the world due to its large forest reserves, amounting to 22.5% of the land area. The Chinese industry is modern and highly mechanized with cheap labor.
What are the Latest Developments in the Calcium Carbonate Market?
- In August 2022, Cimbar Resources Inc. announced acquiring Imerys Carbonates USA Inc.’s calcium carbonate manufacturing assets in Sahuarita, Arizona, United States, in order to broaden its portfolio and sustain its goal of providing various products to customers from multiple locations.
- In May 2022, Omya Inc., with its affiliates, stated increasing prices on all calcium carbonate products by at least 9%, effective from November 1, 2022.
Mordor Intelligence has Segmented the Calcium Carbonate Market Based on Type, Application, End-user Industry, and Geography:
- By Type
- Ground Calcium Carbonate (GCC)
- Precipitated Calcium Carbonate (PCC)
- By Application
- Raw Substance for Construction Material
- Dietary Supplement
- Additive for Thermoplastics
- Filler and Pigment
- Component of Adhesives
- Desulfurization of Fuel Gas
- Neutralizing Agent in Soil
- Other Applications
- By End-user Industry
- Adhesives and Sealants
- Paints and Coatings
- Other End-user Industries
- By Geography
- North America
- United States
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- ASEAN Countries
- Australia and New Zealand
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- North America
In a nutshell, the Mordor Intelligence market research report is a must-read for start-ups, industry players, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who are looking to understand this industry. Get a glance at the Calcium Carbonate Market Report (2023-2028).
Mordor Intelligence constantly tracks industry trends. Some relevant market reports from the analysts that might be of interest to you:
- Melamine Formaldehyde Market Report – The melamine formaldehyde market size is expected to grow from 1,470.67 kilotons in 2023 to 1,886.99 kilotons by 2028, at a CAGR of 5.11% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- Bismuth Market Report – The bismuth market is projected to register a CAGR of more than 5% during the forecast period.
- Chlorobenzene Market Report – The chlorobenzene market is expected to register a CAGR of over 5% during the forecast period.
About Mordor Intelligence:
Mordor Intelligence is a market intelligence and advisory firm. At Mordor Intelligence, we believe in predicting butterfly effects that have the potential to change or significantly impact market dynamics.
Our market research reports are comprehensive and provide exclusive data, facts and figures, trends, and the industry’s competitive landscape.
- Calcium Carbonate Market – Mordor Intelligence
CONTACT: Company Name: Mordor Intelligence Email: [email protected] Phone: +1 617-765-2493 Location: Hyderabad, Telangana Country: India
Disclaimer: The above press release comes to you under an arrangement with GlobeNewswire. AfternoonHeadlines.com takes no editorial responsibility for the same.