Africa Telecom Towers and Allied Market Volumes to Reach 249,652 units by 2028 – Market Size, Share, Forecasts, & Trends Analysis Report by Mordor Intelligence
Hyderabad, July 07, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — According to a new market research report titled “Global Africa Telecom Towers and Allied Market Report (2023-2028),” the market is estimated at 199,092.05 units in 2023. It is expected to register a CAGR of 4.63% during the forecast period.
After the COVID-19 outbreak, the telecom industry witnessed a substantial increase in the demand for internet services. A key portion of the population now stays at home and has opted for remote working conditions. The upsurge in people working from home has increased the demand for services such as online video viewing, downloading, and communication via video conferencing. This is leading to increased network traffic and data usage.
|Market Size (2023)||199,092.05 units|
|Market Size (2028)||249,652.00 units|
|Forecast Units||Volume (units)|
|Report Scope||Market Dynamics, Revenue Forecast and Segmentation, Competitive Landscape and Recent Developments, Market Growth, Future Opportunities, and Trends|
|Key Market Drivers||Increasing work-for-home opportunities.|
|Expanding internet consumption in the region.|
Who are the Top Companies in the Africa Telecom Towers and Allied Market?
The African telecom towers and allied market is moderately competitive with many global and regional players. These market participants hold a considerable market share and aim to expand their global client base.
The noteworthy players holding the African telecom towers and allied market are:
- IHS Towers (IHS Holdings Ltd)
- American Tower Corporation
- Helios Towers
- Eskom Holdings Soc Limited
- ZESCO Limited
- Egbin Power PLC
Other Reports That Might Be of Your Interest:
- Chinese Telecom Market Report – The Chinese telecom market size is expected to grow from USD 478.92 billion in 2023 to USD 547.43 billion by 2028, at a CAGR of 2.71% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- South Africa Telecom Market Report – The South African telecom market revenue is expected at a CAGR of 5.32% over the next five years.
Key Highlights from the Africa Telecom Towers and Allied Market Report:
Privately-owned Telecom Towers to Register Significant Growth
- Privately-owned TowerCos owns passive infrastructure on a site and leases space on it to MNOs to host their active equipment. They can either be pure-play independent TowerCos with no residual equity retained by an MNO or have a minority stake held by an MNO.
- Private companies are increasingly operating in the African Telecom. For instance, a privately-owned company, Blue-Sky Towers, with a range of 100 sites in South Africa, has 200 additional sites in the medium-term pipeline. Eagle Towers is another such telecom tower company with a portfolio of around 50 towers in South Africa.
South Africa Expected to Dominate the Market
- Rural mobile connectivity not only helps to bridge the digital divide but also provides access to information, communication, and services to people living in remote areas. Many telecom tower companies are expanding their infrastructure in rural areas, thereby gaining substantial investments.
- In March 2023, Infra Impact Investment Managers announced helping Eagle Towers secure a ZAR 100 million loan facility in order to support Eagle Towers’ expansion plans. Eagle Towers operates and maintains telecom towers throughout South Africa, particularly in rural areas.
What are the Latest Developments in the Africa Telecom Towers and Allied Market?
- In April 2023, Egbin Power PLC started the construction of its power station in Lagos, Nigeria. The 1,900MW gas-fueled project is currently undergoing permitting. The project is anticipated to commence in 2024, with commercial operations initiating in 2025.
- In March 2023, AxianTelecom announced upgrading its network in the Madagascan unit with Ericsson. As per Ericsson, the solutions to be implemented would provide Madagascar with faster and more reliable mobile services and enhance the 5G ecosystem.
Mordor Intelligence has Segmented the Africa Telecom Towers and Allied Market Based on Ownership, Fuel type, and Country:
- By Ownership
- Operator Owned
- Joint Venture
- Private Owned
- MNO Captive
- By Fuel Type
- By Country
- South Africa
- Rest of Africa
In a nutshell, the Mordor Intelligence market research report is a must-read for start-ups, industry players, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who are looking to understand this industry. Get a glance at the Global Africa Telecom Towers and Allied Market Report (2023-2028).
Mordor Intelligence constantly tracks industry trends. Some relevant market reports from the analysts that might be of interest to you:
- Blockchain in Telecom Market Report – The blockchain in telecom market size is estimated at USD 644.45 million in 2023 and is expected to reach USD 5.78 billion by 2028 at a CAGR of 55.13% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- Germany Telecom Market Report – The German telecom market size is expected to grow from USD 77.25 billion in 2023 to USD 101.10 billion by 2028 at a CAGR of 5.53% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- Argentina Telecom Market Report – The Argentina telecom market revenue is expected to register a CAGR of 8.5% over the next five years.
About Mordor Intelligence:
Mordor Intelligence is a market intelligence and advisory firm. At Mordor Intelligence, we believe in predicting butterfly effects that have the potential to change or significantly impact market dynamics.
Our market research reports are comprehensive and provide exclusive data, facts and figures, trends, and the industry’s competitive landscape.
- Africa Telecom Towers and Allied Market – Mordor Intelligence
CONTACT: Company Name: Mordor Intelligence Email: [email protected] Phone: +1 617-765-2493 Location: Hyderabad, Telangana Country: India
Disclaimer: The above press release comes to you under an arrangement with GlobeNewswire. AfternoonHeadlines.com takes no editorial responsibility for the same.